Characteristics and Guarantee of Diatome Knives
Characteristics of Diamond Knives
- DiATOME knives are compatible with all ultramicrotomes.
- The boat is designed in such a manner that the water surface is horizontal when the clearance angle is set. This results in a stationary water surface and good reflection.
The shape of the boat offers you the advantage of easy pick-up of the floating sections.
- The surfaces of the DiATOME diamond knives are hydrophilic. This property allows an easy wetting of the cutting edge, even with a very low water level
(important for sectioning Lowicryls and other hydrophilic embedding media, as well as for water sensitive samples.)
- The diamond is fastened in a metal shank which is securely screwed into the boat.
- The cementing material seals boat and knife. It is hydrophilic and aids the easy wetting of the cutting edge.
Quality Guarantee for DiATOME Diamond Knives
Before delivery, each knife, new or resharpened, is subject to extensive testing. We can therefore guarantee perfect sectioning (in the respective thickness range) over the entire cutting edge.
Our goal has always been to assure our customers satisfaction. Therefore, in the unlikely event that you experience difficulties, or for any reason are unhappy with the performance of your new
or resharpened knife, contact us immediately. You can be sure that any problem with your knife will be corrected.
WE STAND BY OUR COMMITMENT TO QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION