For easily handling and mounting of section ribbons. The mounting of the manipulator is easy. The original plate on the cryochamber is removed, the manipulator is fixed in 5 minutes.
- Frozen hydrated biological samples (CEMOVIS)
- Room temperature sectioning of water sensitive samples
- Dry resin sectioning of biological samples for chemical analysis
- Dry sectioning of industrial samples such as polymers
- The left manipulator moves a conductive fibre on which the sections are attached by electrostatic force; the growing ribbon is guided.
- The right manipulator guides the grid very precisely below the section ribbon, the sections are attached to the carbon film with electrostatic force.
- Leica cryochambers FC6 and FC7 equipped with a Crion ionizer/charger
- Adaption on other cryochambers upon request
The cryosectioning approach is described by Struder et al.:
Struder, D., Klein A., Iacovache, I, Gnaegi, H., and Zuber B. (2014). A new tool based on two micromanipulators facilitates the handling of ultrathin cryosection ribbons. Journal of Structural Biology, 185, 125-128.
Diamond Knives can be ordered online using a credit card or purchase order number
for payment. Click
to order an Manip.
Diamond Knives can be ordered by phone at 215-412-8390 or fax 215-412-8450.